Slot Price £:
Slot Price £:
Maybe you think or know peri-menopause has started for you, but you feel confused about what to do now?
Perhaps you’re unsure where you’re at with it, but you’re fearful of what you’ve already heard about mental and physical symptoms, and want some supportive advice?
Perhaps you are at post-menopause, and you thought it would all be fine by now, but you’re still not quite feeling yourself?
You’re not daft, you know there’s no magic bullet. But if someone could just give you the support you need, you’d feel less alone and more reassured that menopause isn’t going to derail you.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF:
Now is an excellent time to gather knowledge and confidence and take empowering strides towards a heightened sense of wellness within this time of your life and the BEST thing is that you do not have to do this alone.
Join us at The Wellness Barn, Swanston for a small group one day retreat that will:
– Give an opportunity to learn with an experienced Menopause Coach who will guide you through her Whole Woman Wellness method. Developed from 8 years of working with women at menopause, this method will help you to feel more confident and in control of your physical and mental wellbeing now, and for the future. Session will be delivered by Angie Garton.
– Introduce you to acupressure points and a tapping practice plus an insight to how acupuncture and visceral manipulation can support the body mind relationship. This session will be supported by take home information for home practice to reduce anxiety and stress. Session will be delivered by Man Yuen.
– Offer a talk about natural remedies that can provide support with the various symptoms and experiences as you transition to your new state of being. This session will include the opportunity to make and to make home your own blend of plant essences. Session will be delivered by Gillian Robartes.
– Offer a yoga and mindfulness practice to help support the mind body connection. The practice will be one for all levels and delivered in a way that you can take it home to work with elements that arise from being in or approaching menopause. Session will be delivered by Emma Heald.
– To conclude the day retreat you will be offered a soothing Relaxation Sound Bath using a range of singing bowls and instruments. This is intended as a gentle way to let your mind and body rest, to soak up the calming energy before returning home.
Your wellness guides for the day:
Angie Garton walks alongside peri- and post-menopausal women, not only to alleviate low mood and physical symptoms but to find their inner confidence, trust their natural intuition, encourage genuine self-worth and feel more in control. Angie Garton is a certified Menopause Coach and has also been providing Sound Baths since 2021 in Scotland and England, using the BAST method (British Association of Sound Therapy).
Ms Man Yuen Luk is a Chartered Physiotherapist, Be Activated and Visceral Manipulation facilitator with over 20 years of Acupuncture. I am passionate about the mind-body connection, aging well, fitness and nutrition. Man Yuen is the Lead Therapist of Marchmont Physiotherapy Clinic and founder of The Wellness Barn.
Gillian Robartes is a qualified Holistic Natural Medicine and Energy Healing Practitioner offering sessions in Naturopathy, Herbal Medicine, Reiki, Shamanic Healing, and Divination through Tarot and Rune Readings. She is interested in supporting and guiding self-empowered natural health and wellbeing, and provides a safe, judgement-free space that allows you to explore your personal journey to wholeness and wellness.
Emma Heald – Yoga & Wellbeing. My belief is to always ask questions and to simplify your practice to that which serves you in that moment, on that day. Because I believe that the highest form of teaching is offered by how I show up for myself and others, I strive to live with integrity, deep listening and lightness.
The Wellness Barn, 111a Swanston Road, Swsnston, Edinburgh, EH10 7DS.
Free parking directly outside with overflow parking available.
Lunch provided by Roots. Please put in the comments section when booking if you have any allergies. Teas and coffee with milk alternatives will be provided also.
What to bring:
– Notebook and pen if you wish to take notes (handout included).
– Blanket and warm clothes. We will be sitting for some of the day plus lying down during the yoga + sound bath.
– Water bottle + snacks.
– Open heart and mind ;0:
Early Bird investment for the day £115 (normally £135), includes lunch and hot drinks. Please note this is non-refundable. In the event of not being able to attend, you can transfer your ticket to someone else. This is your responsibility to do, and inform us of any changes in attendance.
PLEASE ENSURE TO ARRIVE WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO GET SETTLED FOR A PROMPT START AT 10AM.
Share this class